Whilst larger organisations benefit from the economies of scale, they can also suffer from increased complexity, particularly as the number of business applications increases. This is doubly so when using different technologies. The challenge then becomes one of data governance: how to ensure data consistency and accuracy across these multiple applications.
Historically, people have had to rely on bespoke export/import routines to/from these disparate applications. There are many drawbacks to this approach: –
- Ensuring that timings of import / export routines dovetail – even when data volumes change
- Tracking whether these routines have run successfully
- Time delays between data being changed in one application and updated in another
- Identifying errors in a timely manner
- Enabling error correction activities to be undertaken
At Ffenics, we have developed an innovative approach using our unique technology, which enables real time data synchronisation between multiple business applications. This removes the drawbacks identified above, and ensures that data is always consistent across different applications. A great example of this is a client who has a very large, complex backend administrative system and has now implemented a new, separate, web-based customer portal. Initially they opted for the traditional export/ import process, however, this has now been replaced with the Ffenics Synchronisation engine.
The net impact ?
- Drawbacks of export/import removed
- User confidence in data increased
- Users save time, as no longer having to check data
- Data is always up to date – with no time lag